As an IT Support Specialist, you will staff the Aeneas Technical Support Call Center, assisting customers in resolving technical issues via telephone. Training will be provided upon employment.
- Answer calls from customers and resolve any technical issues they report
- Remote access customers' software to resolve issues
- Maintain and troubleshoot VoIP and routers
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of trouble tickets and their resolutions
Other Duties May Include
- Maintain LAN/WAN connections, support high-availability, scalable LAN/WAN Enterprise network infrastructures, and manage the documentation and administration needs of a large enterprise LAN/WAN
- Troubleshoot access and communication issues in a variety of environments
- Maintain and support network infrastructures based on the latest technologies and methodologies
- Provide best quality customer service to customers
- Investigate new access methods and network technologies
- Document network architectures, design, and operational notes
- Applicant must live in Madison or adjoining county. No out-of-state applications
- Must have excellent customer service skills/verbal skills and outgoing personality with the ability to demonstrate empathy, patience, and caring to customers over the phone.
- Must be willing to work 8am - 9pm, 365 days a year including weekends and holidays.
- Proven troubleshooting skills (LAN/WAN, internet, packet capture utilities (e.g. Sniffer), servers, clients, and applications
- Growth in technical skills through certifications (CCNA/MCSE) or other similar achievements is required. Within a year of employment, the following certifications are expected to have been completed if you do not already have them: CCENT: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1), Cisco Certified Network Association, Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows, Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server
- Demonstrated performance in technical work environment
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline
- Experience with Cisco IOS and Cisco Certification preferred
- Programming and or scripting experience a plus
- Knowledge of or experience with TCP/IP, Routing, standard LAN/WAN technologies and common network designs
- Some experience as a field technician (basic cabling skills, basic telephone installation including RJ-21X and POTS)
- Experience with internetworking technologies (routing and switching), TCP, BGP, trunking, VLANs and application architecture